About our Board of Trustees
Leading Strategically with Thoughtful Governance
The Carey School’s Board of Trustees helps ensure that the school is healthy, vibrant, and well-positioned to serve future generations by providing oversight of its financial, physical, and human resources. The Board also plays a key role in establishing the school’s mission, vision, strategic goals, and policies.
Like other NAIS and CAIS-accredited independent schools, the Board's essential functions include:
Safeguarding the financial sustainability of the school
Planning strategically for the future
Maintaining bylaws and policies consistent with the school's mission
Selecting and evaluating the Head of School
Identifying, selecting, and orienting new trustees
Assuring the school's compliance with applicable laws and regulations
Playing a leadership role in fundraising efforts.
- How many trustees are there?
- What are the Board committees and how do they work?
- How often does the full Board meet?
- What are the requirements of a Board member?
- Is the Board compensated?
- How does the Board communicate with the Carey community?
- How are Board members elected?
- How do I nominate someone for the Board of Trustees?
- How do I inquire about the Board?
- Meet the Board