Dear 3-5 Families,
Please read through these grade level specific start up instructions for remote learning. In addition, you will learn about learning expectations and guidelines as well as teacher office hours that will be available each week day. If you need any help, please contact one of the following people depending on your needs:
- Help with technology and office hour set up: Chris Bastian and Juan Sibila through the email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Help with Seesaw, Google Classroom or other apps assigned by teachers: Nate Geer email@example.com
- Help with content, pacing or objectives: your child’s teacher
Start Up Instructions
- 3rd through 5th grade will use Google Classroom to share all learning opportunities and assignments.
- Your child will likely know how to access their Google Classroom through their Chrome book, but should they need help start by going to the Carey At Home website and choosing 3-5 from the top right.
- Each morning, students should check their Homeroom Google Classroom for a morning message from the homeroom teacher and then subsequent activities to represent the periods of the day.
- All assignments should have easy to follow instructions to both complete the assignment and turn in any required work.
- Teachers will approve all turned in items and comment/give feedback on many as well.
3-5 Learning Expectations
- The 3-5 assignments should take around 40 minutes to complete
- There will be some longer term assignments that will span several days
- Daily assignments need to be completed by the end of the school day
All Carey teachers (homeroom and specialists) will hold office hours each school day starting on Thursday, March 19th. You can book a 20 minute appointment with a teacher to ask for help with an assignment, clarify explanations for students or check in about student progress. We ask that parents limit signing up for office hours to once a week, but teachers will continue to be available through email as well.
Scheduling Office Hours
Scheduling a conference with your child's teacher involves the same steps as parent-teacher conferences: find your child's teacher on the scheduling page, then select your preferred appointment window. Booking of Office Hours will begin on Thursday, March 19th at 7:30am.
After receiving an email confirmation from "The Carey School" of your appointment time, your child's teacher will send a follow-up calendar invitation with conference call information including a Zoom dial-in number and a link to join as a video call through your computer.
If you have any questions or difficulties, please contact Information Systems and Technology (firstname.lastname@example.org) for additional support options.