Dear PK-2 Families,
Please read through these grade level specific start up instructions for remote learning. In addition, you will learn about learning expectations and guidelines as well as teacher office hours that will be available each week day. If you need any help, please contact one of the following people depending on your needs:
- Help with technology and office hour set up: Chris Bastian and Juan Sibila through the email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Help with Seesaw, Google Classroom or other apps assigned by teachers: Nate Geer email@example.com
- Help with content, pacing or objectives: your child’s teacher
Start Up Instructions
- PK-2 will use the SeeSaw app to share all learning opportunities and assignments.
- Start by going to the Carey At Home website and choosing PK-2 from the top right.
- The first step will be to download SeeSaw to your ipad or tablet (if you borrowed an ipad from Carey you may already have the app downloaded and maybe even set up for your child). After downloading the SeeSaw app, you will need to scan a QR code for your child’s respective homerooms. This can also be found at Carey At Home site in the navigation bar
- After downloading scanning QR Code, select your child’s name and touch the green check. Note: You will not ever need to sign out of SeeSaw after this.
- Once you log into SeeSaw you will see your child’s activity area, but there will likely be nothing there. If there is, it is for Wednesday, March 18
- Other Learning apps to download: Carey At Home also has directions for downloading other applicable apps. Teachers will at times assign work on these apps and they are also available for use outside of assignments. You will find more detail on the website
- Teachers will post assignments for the next day at 10 pm. Each morning the activities will start with a morning message from the homeroom teacher and then subsequent activities to represent the periods of the day.
- All assignments should have easy to follow instructions to both complete the assignment and turn in any required work.
- Teachers will approve all turned in items and comment/give feedback on many as well.
- Please use this resource as an ongoing tool to use SeeSaw as a parent. It helps explain the main parts of SeeSaw and what to look for as you navigate activities
PK-2 Learning Expectations
- The PK-K assignments should take around 20 minutes to complete in accordance with these students developmental level and attention spans
- 1st and 2nd grade assignments should take no more than 40 minutes to complete
- Daily assignments need to be completed by the end of the day, 2nd grade prefers work to be turned in by 2pm
All Carey teachers (homeroom and specialists) will hold office hours each school day starting on Thursday, March 19th. You can book a 20 minute appointment with a teacher to ask for help with an assignment, clarify explanations for students or check in about student progress. We ask that parents limit signing up for office hours to once a week, but teachers will continue to be available through email as well.
Scheduling Office Hours
- Scheduling a conference with your child's teacher involves the same steps as parent-teacher conferences: find your child's teacher on the scheduling page, then select your preferred appointment window. Booking of Office Hours will begin on Thursday, March 19th at 7:30am.
- After receiving an email confirmation from "The Carey School" of your appointment time, your child's teacher will send a follow-up calendar invitation with conference call information including a Zoom dial-in number and a link to join as a video call through your computer.
- If you have any questions or difficulties, please contact Information Systems and Technology (firstname.lastname@example.org) for additional support options.