You are in!
Now that you’re admitted, we’re sure you’re thinking, “I’m so excited, what do we do now?” The next steps are listed below, but first, our community members have something they want to share with you in the video below.
Get excited to meet your Mentor Family!
We will be assigning every new family a current family to help guide you and provide another resource to speak to you when you have any questions. We will be matching families in the beginning of May.
Spring Checklist: Be sure to check the Key Dates List
- Online forms email sent, hard copy mailing sent
- Subscribe to The Carey School Calendar at careyschool.org/calendar
- A good time to get together with mentor- mentee family
- Online and hardcopy forms DUE
- A good time to get together with mentor-mentee family
- Attend a Pre-K, K or grade 1-5 Summer Park Play date
- Expect Summer Mailing
- September 1: First day of school for Pre-K & Kindergarten students,
- Join us for a Parent Coffee after drop-off
- September 2: First day of school for grades 1 – 5
- Join us for the CSPA Parent Coffee and New Parent Orientation Meeting Part I
FIRST TRADITIONS FOR YOUR WHOLE FAMILY
We will be finalizing dates soon!
- Mentor & Mentee Family Event
- Back to School Night, New Parent Orientation Meeting Part II prior to start of Back to School Night
- Carey Walkfest at Serra High School
- October: New Parent Happy Hours
- October 30: Halloween Parade
- November: Generations Day
- December: Holiday Sing
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What should my student expect on the first day(s) of school?
PK & K: Our youngest students will have a minimum day for the first week of school. Extended care will be available beginning Thursday, September 3.
Grades 1 – 5: Students will have full days. Extended care will be available beginning Thursday, September 3.
Q: When do I meet my child’s homeroom teacher?
You will receive class list information in the Summer Mailing. Teachers will communicate with families prior to the first day of school with information about the classroom and what to expect on the first day of school. For students entering Pre-K & Kindergarten, they will meet their teacher on the first day of school, Tuesday, September 1. For students entering grades 1- 5, they will meet their teacher on the first day of school, Wednesday, September 2.
Q: Do we need to buy school supplies?
No, you do not need to purchase school supplies prior to the first day of school. All classroom supplies will be provided to your student. Teachers will alert you to any personal items to bring into the classroom.
Q: Where can I find information?
You can find lots of information in the Parent Portal which can be found when you log into our website. Detailed class information will come from your child’s home room teacher before school starts.
Q: How do I sign up for lunch?
You will receive information in the Summer Mailing with instructions for creating a MySchoolBucks account.
Q: What is the dress code and where do I find PE clothes?
Children should come to school ready to learn and play everyday. On P.E. days, students should come to school in the following: red or white athletic shorts, skorts, or sweatpants, red or white t-shirts (either short or long-sleeved) or Walkfest T-shirts, athletic socks (any color) and athletic shoes. For your convenience, P.E.-appropriate red and white athletic wear and Carey spirit gear (bags, jackets, adult wear) may be purchased from Lands’ End, either with or without the school logo. Please refer to the P.E. Clothing section of the Parent Portal under 2020-2021 School Year Forms & Information for Lands’ End products and ordering information.
Duncan Lyon | firstname.lastname@example.org
Head of School
• Overall School Policy
• Organizational and operational oversight
Neely Norris | email@example.com
Assistant Head of School
• Curriculum and Program Oversight
• Hiring, supporting and management of faculty
Chris Bastian | firstname.lastname@example.org
Director of Technology
• Technology Oversight
• System Integration
Resham Bharwani | email@example.com
Director of Communications
• School-wide Communications
• Annual Fund
Ida Gruber | firstname.lastname@example.org
Director of Admission & Financial Aid
• Outreach & Marketing
Susan Loveall | email@example.com
Chief Financial Officer
• Manages Carey’s financial operations
• Contact regarding tuition payments, billing, etc.
Tracy White | firstname.lastname@example.org
Director of Development
• Alumni Relations
Erika Silk | email@example.com
Executive Assistant to the Head of School & Assistant Head of School
• Scheduling appointments and events
• Supporting the Head of School & Assistant Head of School
Valerie Torres | firstname.lastname@example.org
• Contact for all student heath matters and forms
• Front office operations
For our full directory of faculty and staff, visit CareySchool.org/directory