Salmon with Zucchini Noodles and Green Beans
Adapted from Open Kitchen by Susan Spungen
- 2 green zucchini, about 8 to 10 ounces each, cut on a spiralizer
- Two 6 to 8 ounce salmon fillets, preferably wild
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons olive oil, plus more to coat the fish
- 1 bag of green beans
- 2 garlic cloves , finely minced (about 1 tablespoon)
- 1/4 cup slivered fresh basil, plus more for garnish
- 10 Sungold tomatoes, cut in half
1. Place the zucchini noodles in a colander set over a bowl and sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt. Let sit for 15 to 20 minutes, tossing and occasionally lightly pressing, until a good amount of liquid has drained out. Blot with a paper towel to dry slightly.
2. Meanwhile, place the salmon on a plate, season with salt and pepper, and lightly coat with oil.
3. Heat the 1 tablespoon oil in a large 12-inch skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook until golden and fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the zucchini noodles and the slivered basil and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, until hot. Season with salt and pepper.
4. We cooked the salmon in a skillet, cooking it until desired doneness. We par-boiled the green beans then finished them in a skillet with oil, salt and pepper.
5. Plate all the noodles, salmon, beans and tomatoes. Enjoy!!!
Recipe from the Disney Parks
- 1 cup water
- 8 tablespoons butter
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 ½ cups vegetable or canola oil
- ½ cup sugar
- Combine water, butter, salt, and ¼ teaspoon cinnamon in 1 ½-quart saucepan over medium heat. Bring pot to rolling boil.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Add flour and stir vigorously until mix forms a ball. Remove from heat and let rest for 5-7 min.
- Add eggs, one at a time, and stir until combined. Set aside.
- Using caution, heat oil in medium skillet or 1-quart saucepan over medium-high heat or until temperature reaches 350˚.
- Spoon dough into piping bag fitted with large star tip. Pipe 1-inch strip of dough over saucepan, cut with knife, and drop into hot oil. Repeat until churro bites fill saucepan with room to fry.
- Fry churro bites until golden brown. Remove with slotted spoon or mesh spider strainer.
- Drain churro bites on paper towel.
- Mix sugar and ½ teaspoon cinnamon in medium bowl. Toss in churro bites until coated. Place on serving plate and serve with favorite dipping sauce.
Devan Family Lasagna
Prep: 30 mins Cook: 2 hrs 30 mins Total: 3 hrs 15 mins Servings: 12
- 1-pound sweet Italian sausage
- ¾ pound lean ground beef
- ½ cup minced onion
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 2 (6.5 ounce) cans canned tomato sauce
- ½ cup water
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons dried basil leaves
- ½ teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt, divided, or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 12 lasagna noodles
- 16 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- ¾ pound mozzarella cheese, sliced
- ¾ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a Dutch oven, cook sausage, ground beef, onion, and garlic over medium heat until well browned. Stir in crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, tomato sauce, and water. Season with sugar, basil, fennel seeds, Italian seasoning, 1 teaspoon salt, pepper, and 2 tablespoons parsley. Simmer, covered, for about 1 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook lasagna noodles in boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes. Drain noodles, and rinse with cold water. In a mixing bowl, combine ricotta cheese with egg, remaining parsley, and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- To assemble, spread 1 1/2 cups of meat sauce in the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish. Arrange 6 noodles lengthwise over meat sauce. Spread with one half of the ricotta cheese mixture. Top with a third of mozzarella cheese slices. Spoon 1 1/2 cups meat sauce over mozzarella, and sprinkle with 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese. Repeat layers, and top with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheese. Cover with foil: to prevent sticking, either spray foil with cooking spray, or make sure the foil does not touch the cheese.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 25 minutes. Remove foil, and bake for an additional 25 minutes. Cool for 15 minutes before serving